Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Shopping!

So the other day I was lying in bed and I started hyperventilating. I was thinking "Holy crap, I am into my 4th month and we have nothing in our babies room. We haven't even started unloading the room to get it ready for the baby. We have all this junk in storage and all these things that we don't need that are just things that we can't seem to part with. We have this mirror that is hideous that goes with one of our dressers. It is so ugly that I do not have it sitting on top of the dresser, but Jordan still won't get rid of it. Anyways, so then I was thinking that not only do we not have anything in the room, but we haven't bought anything yet either! I started going through our check list of the basics and really started freaking out. We had not bought much less looked at the car seats or strollers that we are interested in, we haven't bought a crib, or a rocker. While I understand that these are not a lot of things, they are the ones that cost the most money and I do not expect people to purchase these things for us. I was telling my grandmother of my little panic attack yesterday and out of nowhere she tells me she has two rocking chairs and I can take my pick of them! While most people are wanting the new gliders I am real traditional and want a traditional babies room with the old rockers and heirloom style furniture. I have not been able to find any of the old regular rocking chairs. I went with my grandmother to show me the two I had to choose from and there was the rocking chair I had pictured for the nursery! I almost started crying and immediately felt relief that I had at least one thing for the baby. Today Jordan helped me eliminate more of the fear when we went and put a crib on layaway. I took pictures of the cribs we are going with. Both are the same price so when we find out what the sex of the baby is, we can determine which of these we will end up with.


This crib is my favorite but is rather on the girly side. I love the details in it and the color is adorable. I also took pictures of the detail since it was hard to see in that picture.

This picture shows the headboard of the crib and the next one shows the detail on the legs.

This other picture shows the crib we will exchange it for if it is a boy. It is a sleigh style crib that we will have to order so the color can be changed. It is really pretty as well and is Jordan's favorite.


Now that we actually have some things for the baby I am not so anxious and panicky. I am able to relax a little. I am lucky Jordan is a patient person and is capable of calming me down. We also bought me a vaporizer at Wal-Mart today that I am really excited about starting to use. It should help me breathe better at night. My allergies have gotten worse during the pregnancy so I am willing to do anything I can. It is getting really old coughing and getting sick each week. I also got netipot that I am kind of anxious about. I am scared to use it and have it come out my mouth and causing me to get sick lol. I guess I need to be by the toilet just in case. Anyways, hopefully with both of those and my tylenol and benadryl I will be able to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment