Wednesday, January 27, 2010

16 week doctor visit

We went to the doctor again yesterday for our 16 week visit. I was really hoping she would do another ultra sound or something, but instead it was the usual. She checked the heart rate, 150-160. I started to worry but then she said it was healthy and normal. I thought it was weird though since it dropped so much from last time. I was glad when she said it was normal. The baby has been moving so much more now. I feel it everyday! I think it is going to be a night owl, which is probably not a good sign. During the day, it doesn't move much but at night it goes crazy! I think the other night it was moving while I was sleeping. I remember having dreams about it, weird right? Anyways, I am hoping that I can get my bf Krystal's dad to do another ultra sound video soon. It has been driving me crazy not seeing it! I think they need to do more ultra sounds than just your initial visit and at 20 weeks. I have started a list with all my classes to see what they think I am having. It is funny to see the students trying to guess and using old wives tales they have heard. Some I have never heard of, they are cracking me up. So far, I think they are leaning more towards a boy, but one class was like 12 for girl and 2 for boy. I go back to the doctor Feb 23rd. I wrote the date on the board for them to see and they can stop asking me when I find out the gender. I am so excited! I wish we could do the 3D/4D ultra sound now. They can determine the gender for you as early as this week or 17 weeks. We are going to wait though until the baby's features are more developed so we only have to go once. It is kind of expensive and we don't want to pay for more than one trip. Also, morning sickness hasn't gotten any better. We told the doctor and she said I was strange lol. Most people have morning sickness really bad their first trimester and then it goes away their second trimester. Mine has been the opposite. I am really hoping that as the pregnancy continues, the sickness will go away. Well, my hubby just got home so I am out 'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment